Dear Pastors and Mission Leaders,
Greetings in Christ. This past June held the first in-person EFCA ONE Conference in four years. It was great being together and hearing updates from around the world. In this letter I want to highlight some of what I heard from ReachGlobal. Enjoy reading these updates.
- There are 540 ReachGlobal missionaries serving in 40 countries. They now have 30 new
candidates. There is still a great need for more workers to join ReachGlobal.
- Haiti is closed now to teams. They once had 26 teams a year going there.
- There are now 300 Tabitha centers in Kinshasa with 6,000 women getting training.
- There are ongoing needs in Ukraine for funds and for prayer.
- APEX wants kids to come to experience life on the mission field. Their goal is to raise up 100
long-term missionaries for ReachGlobal.
- Taiwan is 4% Christian and there is freedom to share the gospel. Come as church planters or
English teachers. Go to the Taiwan Initiative for an informative video and more.
- 40,000 people have gone on a Crisis Response team.
- In MENA, Middle East North Africa, they are opening a new field. I am not naming the country
for security reasons. People in the Middle East are hungry for relationships.
- There is a new church planting team in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Global Fingerprints has 17-19 church plants in Vietnam.
- Need ideas on raising up new missionaries? – Know your ministry partners, go visit them, grow in your
understanding of missions. Have them serve 1-2 years as an intern and serve in your church
before going into missions. Ask them to take the Perspectives course. Encourage your youth
pastor to have a heart for missions. Get missionaries up front in your worship service.
- Help short-term teams learn to share the gospel. Have them read a mission biography. Then
share the story with the team.
- Send your church newsletters to your missionaries.
- Church plants can start with missions. One person could give $300 a year as a starter.
- Always listen to a missionary’s call, hear their story, even if you will not support them.
- The next mission leaders network meeting is January 8-10, 2024 in Florida.