Greetings in Christ. It is time again to raise the awareness of persecuted Christians around the world. Every church should remember the persecuted church on at least one Sunday a year. According to Open Doors, more than 360,000,000 Christians face extreme persecution and/or discrimination for their decision to follow Jesus. Sunday, November 6, 2022, is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church and throughout the month of November. There are some good resources available for your church and for your mission team to use for that day. Most of all – please pray!
THE VOICE OF THE MARTYRS
- Request a free International Day Of Prayer DVD and planning guide from The Voice of the Martyrs. Go to https://www.persecution.com/IDOP/ .
- You can also order the IDOP DVD and guide (pack of 10), plus a cloth prayer banner, prayer reminder bookmark brochures, global prayer guides or the complete IDOP resource kit for $45.
- When Faith is Forbidden by Tom Nettleton is a 40-day journal from the frontlines with persecuted Christians. I am currently reading it now as a devotional book. You can order it from https://www.persecution.com/. Click “Resources.” It is published by Moody.
- Check out a new prayer app. Get it at https://www.opendoorsusa.org/prayerapp/
- OPEN DOORS has the 2022 World Watch List. This list gives information on the top 50 countries where Christians are persecuted. For more information go to https://www.opendoorsusa.org .
Involvement ideas for your church:
- Devote a Sunday School class to show the IDOP video and to pray for the persecuted church.
- Give out book markers as prayer reminders.
- Preach a sermon about persecution.
- Read a book about the persecuted church.
- Lead a time of prayer for the persecuted church during the Sunday morning service.
- Take a special offering to help persecuted Christians.