Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. -Philippians 4:6
But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word. -Acts 6:4
Prayer is essential to the lives we live and the work we do. Pastors know this (and always have). But for so many of us, the importance of prayer has never been clearer than it is right now. These unprecedented, difficult, disruptive months have made us keenly aware of our limits and hungry for the strong, fresh wind of the Spirit. So we want and need to pray.
Because of this, we are inviting all NCD lead pastors to gather for prayer on the first Monday of the new year. Our hope is that this will be the start an annual tradition for our district, where our lead pastors come together at the beginning of each year for prayer, spiritual fellowship and mutual encouragement.
Here are some additional details:
- We will meet on Monday, January 4th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- EFCA President Kevin Kompelien and TIU President Nick Perrin will join us in-person for this important event.
- Pastors of NCD church plants, multisite campuses and second language congregations are also invited.
- We will fast during the lunch hour.
- We will conclude our gathering with communion and a delicious fellowship meal.
- The location for the 2021 event is still being determined.
- Cost is $15, and you can register here.