Welcome to the NCD blog, a venue for interaction and dialogue about issues important and helpful to life and ministry. We plan to post things, on an occasional basis, with a view to hearing from you—especially (but not exclusively) pastors and church leaders in the North Central District. We are aiming at the collective benefit of NCD churches through the collective wisdom shared on the blog.
Here, then, we may ask for your response to the current month’s On Our Hearts article. Or we may pose a philosophy- or practice-of-ministry question to solicit your insights. At times we may describe (anonymously) a real-life scenario in ministry to seek your advice. On another occasion we may probe a Biblical-theological issue and ask how you connect this issue to ministry. Sometimes we may simply put out a call for suggested resources on a given situation or topic.
Our hope is that the posts will be timely and relevant, and that the responses of pastors and church leaders will furnish further insights that will be widely enriching.
Bear with us in this venture, as we will undoubtedly need to work out some bugs as we go. Here is how we are setting things up:
- NCD staff members will put up most of the posts. Occasionally there may be a guest writer.
- You can sign up to be notified when a new posting appears.
- The posts will be tagged to make them searchable.
- We invite comments on the posts. Comments will be approved before they are published. Whether brief or extensive, make your comments substantive and appropriate. And make it clear if you are responding to an earlier comment posted by someone else.
- NCD staff will not have the capacity to respond to all comments, nor is that our intent. Our aim is to initiate district-wide discussion on important matters related to life and ministry. We anticipate that much of the benefit of the blog will come from what you write.