Vision and Mission
It is critical to the well being of each local church to encourage, equip and empower Christ followers in life’s second half to take an encore by setting new goals in their lives, engaging in meaningful opportunities in their churches, in their communities and beyond. Living a fruitful life is essential to aging and finishing well.
We realize that change is needed for future ministry.”One generation passes away, and another generation comes.” The largest generation, the Boomers, are now entering their retirement years. This age group is approaching aging in a totally different way than the previous generations.
Status Quo: For over 20 years our District Team has offered two special events annually, to encourage and inspire men and women, offering an annual Fall Retreat at Camp Shamineau and a Spring Event in the Twin Cities and suburbs. These events have been well received in the past and will continue to be offered in the future with modifications, in order to reach out to the new wave of men and women entering the second half of life.
Encore Fall Retreat: September 9-10, 2019, Camp Shamineau
Upcoming Event: Encore Spring Celebration: April 29th, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm Revive Church, Brooklyn Park
- Join us April 29th for a day of wonderful activities. We are delighted to have as our speaker, Brian Farone, North Central District Superintendent. Our music will be by the Preacher’s Daughters. We will enjoy a delicious meal together as we encourage each other to continue Making Memories and Sharing Wisdom!
- For more Information: pdf flyer / jpeg flyer / Registration form
Challenge: The NCD Encore Team has been challenged to put more emphasis in the future on ways to equip our churches to link those nearing retirement, the newly retired, and older adults to opportunities that have a sense of call and purpose. Future planning is being considered for opportunities to equip men and women to find new identity, purpose and meaning in the second-half stages of life.
- Training Sessions
- Growth Sessions
- Fellowship Sessions
- Avenues of Outreach
- Encore Spring Celebration
- Encore Fall Retreat
- Service Projects
Betty A. Swanson,
NCD Encore Ministry Coordinator
- Ed & Ardith Bender, South Suburban EFC
- Herb Bloomquist, Camp Shamineau
- Jim & Irene Brown, Lincoln EFC
- Mike & Bev Erickson, Annandale EFC
- Nathan Greenwalt, First EFC Maplewood
- Harry & Louise Swanson, First EFC Maplewood
- Wes & Carol Johnson Lincoln EFC (retired 2018)
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Chairman of the NCD Senior Adult Council includes giving leadership to the ministry activities for the senior adults of the North Central District. At the present time these activities include a Senior Celebration (spring luncheon) and a Senior Retreat (fall retreat).
711 10th Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55415